Sunday, July 20, 2008



I recently re-read a book by Phyllis Whitney entitled Sea Jade. The Sea Jade was a 19th century clipper ship. The book was more about the relationship between the characters than it was about the ship...but the ship was quite important to the theme of the book.

There is something about the way a clipper ship in full sail that is so stalwart looking. When I was growing up, we had a picture...painting, I guess...of a clipper ship hanging on the wall. It was round....the framed picture. I have no idea what ever happened to it.
Here are a couple of pictures of clippers that I like.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Hi Mitford Friend!
I have come by to say, YOU HAVE BEEN TAGGED! Please list on your BLOG "5 Things You Love the Most"! Once done, then "tag" 5 other blogs, Be sure & link them.
I think you will enjoy this, it is alot of fun! If needed, Check out my blog to see how I did mine,
Beautiful Blessings~Kelly Maria
a*k*a* KRamsey on Mitford BB