Friday, July 11, 2008

My day today

This morning I awakened with really stopped up sinuses and a headache. I took medicine...the sinuses opened up and felt better, but the headache remained. So, since I do computer work all day long, I decided to use one of my sick days.

Way after lunch, I began feeling a tad better. I decided to ride up to Martinsville to Let It Beadz to pick up some Swarovski crystals that I want to use in a necklace. It was around 90 today, so with my AC broken in my car, it was a bit of a warm drive. Not bad as long as I was moving. Unfortunately, there was road construction on Starling Ave. requiring that I sit in the hot sun for several extended moments. It was a relief to finally arrive at my destination. As always, Becky offered to help if I needed any...and otherwise just let me be to look and explore her inventory. I found the crystals that I wanted, plus some beads to replace a broken watchband for someone, and some other beads for a couple of bracelets that someone else ordered.

As I was checking out, Becky was telling me that business is so bad with the increased fuel costs, that her income at the store is down by about 3/4%. That is awful! She is about to lose her house...and is hoping that she won't lose the business. I don't know what in the world is going to happen if our economy continues in this vein. Distressing.

No comments: