Saturday, September 20, 2008

Autumn is here

Autumn is finally arrived. My favorite time of the year. I love when the days turn crisp and the nights chilly. I love the bounty of colors as the trees put on their Fall Display. I haven't decorated for Fall in a good many years...just sort of got out of doing it for some reason. I was in W/M this morning to pick up a couple of things and I passed through their Autumn items. A spray of grapevine and fall-colored flowers struck my fancy as I passed it. So, I decided , why not? Ended up getting a couple of candles to go with it. Here it is on my mantle.






After putting that out. I decided to dig out an old Jack'o'lantern that I made in ceramics over 30 years ago; plus a chicken planter (it has candy in it now.) That probably about all I will do.

1 comment:

Anna said...

It was so neat to see that you had visited my blog! Great to see yours. I like your mantle!