Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Some Ram Dumb Things About Me

I just found the blog of a friend via another's blog. I was so excited to find it...Martha, I'm talking about you!
She had a list of random things about herself...thought I'd give it a sho

  • I've always loved curly hair and wished I had it....now I do thanks to chemicals!
  • I always wanted a houseful of kids (only had 2 though)
  • When I was very little, I told my mama that I was going to have 10 babies when I grew up and was going to give one to her so that she wouldn't be lonely (she told me that I could keep it and raise it myself and I cried because it hurt my feelings that she wouldn't want it)
  • When I was a little girl, I would pick up and love on any cat that I came across
  • I disliked! hated! abhorred! school as a child
  • I thought I was "dumb" growing up, due mostly to the fact that I had a learning difference (that wasn't even recognized back then) and was never given much encouragement by my teachers
  • I found out I was actually pretty smart when I was in nursing school and found that I really loved learning
  • I do not like parties
  • I am a true introvert
  • I enjoy talking to people one-on-one; but usually in a group will be relatively silent
  • I miss my kids being little boys
  • I enjoy the challenge of following the Weight Watcher's plan and figuring out something that I can eat that I will really enjoy
  • I have to have some kind of treat every day....a cookie, or ice cream or something... to succeed in doing the WW plan
  • I am really glad that I have a sister
  • I decorate my kitchen with roosters and chickens...and have over 55 items related to them in that one room
  • I really don't like politics at all
  • My favorite authors are Jan Karon, Karen Kingsbury, Francine Rivers, & Penelope Stokes
  • Most all of the music I listen to is contemporary Christian music
  • Other musicians I like that are not Christian are Joshua Bell (love his violin playing!) and Secret Garden

1 comment:

Martha said...

Yeah, it was me that posted about the pure shea butter. The first I bought at a flower (?) fair in Hendersonville, NC in the spring. This family from Stone Mtn., GA were selling it and guaranteed it would work on my heels. It was $45 for 16 ozs but I loved the guarantee part so bought it to go along with the hundreds of dollars worth of other stuff I had bought for my feet over the years. I began to use it twice a day but went for a pedicure where my pedicurist got as much of the dead skin off as possible. All the while, I continued to use the pure shea twice a day. I cannot tell you how thrilled I am that it worked. My feet are as soft as can be...even after years of using every foot product on the market and a prescription that my dermatologist gave me. Now I use it only at night, massaging a tiny teeny bit into each foot. A little goes a long way. I keep one of those foot sandpaper things in my shower and use it about once every two weeks at the end of my shower. The last pedicure I went for, the girl could not believe it had been about 2 months and my feet were still so soft! I just ordered more...found it online at https://www.shop.agbangakarite.com. and it is much much cheaper there. I got 5lbs. for about $50 and am going to share with my daughters and niece. Let me know if you get some and how it works on your feet :). Blessings, Martha