Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Whoa.. I don't know what to think...

I have posted on a bulletin board for seven years. Recently a heated subject came up again...for the upteenth time. When this subject comes up...every time... very sharp opinions along with scripture are given even though the posters know that people have family members that are affected by the subject and they are hurt. This time, I decide to PM some of the people that have given such strong opinions. The point of the PM was to ask them to think, and have compassion for the people that would be affected, before posting comments. It didn't go over well at all. I was publically accused of telling one person "categorically that the word of God and my opinion on certain topics are unwanted and unwarranted." That was not true. I did suggest that there was a time and a place to offer the scripture that alluded to the subject.

Well, today, I was thinking about that BB, and was wondering when I last posted. I did a search by my name, but failed to find that. I remembered the last thread on which I posted, so I did a search for that...and found it. I also found that several more posts had been added since my last one. I ended up at the end of that thread when I actually found it...and learned that I was accused of being a hate monger. The originator of the thread was advised, "don't listen to a "hate monger." Plus, don't let it influence you about the Porch either! AND if this person wished to PM me regarding this matter, I'm waiting to hear from her since I will tell her to leave the good people of this Porch alone!" Wow! I've never been called such a terrible thing before! I don't even know what to think. I guess I don't express myself very well to have been on a board for such a long time and to give this impression. It makes me very sad. :(

9 comments:

jamiely78 said...

I just want to send you hugs. I was not sure if you would be checking the bb & wanted to let you know that you have always been wonderful to me. I honestly believe you had the best intentions in mind when you sent out the PM. I think you showed class by trying to keep things private considering how the BB has been lately.

Ellyn said...

Hi Ellen,
I'm here for the same reason; I wasn't sure you would want to go back to Mitford anytime soon.
You have my utmost admiration and respect. I believe you are a kind, compassionate and CHRISTIAN woman.
You really did not owe anyone an apology.
Many others feel the way I do if you want to go "lurk" and see!
I hope you have a wonderful day.
Ellyn/ellynf

Anna said...

Oh, Ellen, I am so sorry about all of this. I knew and understood exactly what you meant and I am sorry there was all the confusion. I agree completely with you and I know you would never want anyone to be hurt. You have my love.

Kelly said...

I just want you to know that YOU are what is GOOD about the BB. I am so blessed to know YOU through Mitford and now through our blogs!!
You have a rightful place on the porch, I know many miss you. They miss sweet Marian too.
The BB needs lots of prayer right now... makes me very sad, because it was a place of "refuge" for me at one time... I hope it can be that way again for all of us. You not being there just makes it sadder.

I offer you my prayers, my friendship and many many hugs!
Beautiful Blessings~Kelly Maria

applesofgold said...

Darlin, I love you and know that you wouldn't hurt anyone. Sending you a great big hug today!!! Thanks for praying for my baby girl last night. She is doing much better today.

Martha said...

As I told you before, I read the bb almost everyday but don't post anymore. The person who called you a hate monger doesn't know you. Isn't it a fact that that person has only been on the bb a short time (maybe a year or less)? Hey, those of us who know you, know better. Keep on being yourself and as Kelly Maria said, "you are what is good about the bb." Don't give some people a second thought! Again, blessings, M

Pink Princess said...

Well, you know MY take on this, lol.

OH sweetie, I know words hurt, they hurt SO much!
I lurk sometimes, and see the same thing happening still.
Maybe not right now, but it has changed SO much!!

Love and many many hugs and blessings from your forever Dutchy friend.

Marian

Ellen said...

You all are the BEST! Stick and stone can break my bones, but words can break your heart. But it is also true that words can be the band aide for a wounded heart, too.

I did receive an apology per PM by the person that called me that. I accepted the apology, but still am not ready to post on the BB....maybe one day.

Thanks, gals! I appreciate y'all so much!!

Anonymous said...

You KNOW what I think about all of this.
I am terribly upset and hurt also.

I hope we can both get past this.

Love you. PTM