Sunday, September 28, 2008

Church

I should be on my way to church, but here I sit. I love going to church and worshiping. I really think that D.M. is a good pastor and can bring a wonderful message from the Lord. But he yells. I detest being around people that yell. It was obvious that I wasn't getting ready for church this morning, and Dave asked me if I wasn't going. I answered, "No, I just don't feel like being yelled at today." That is my sentiment from the heart. I told Dave that one can be passionate about what they are saying without yelling....one can make a grand point....without yelling. He knows that I don't like to be around loud people. His own family for example. I've always felt included and cared about by them from the first. But you get all of them together and they are LOUD! There have been many times when we were all together...with all of them raising their voice to be heard above the other...and I just would leave the room and find a quiet sanctuary in the house. I think that is what it is with D.M. 's loudness...it doesn't feel like a sanctuary from live. Now I realize that sermons don't have to be "make you feel good" sermons....and frankly, we need sermons that build us into the sons and daughters that God wants us to be; but, for me...that needs to NOT include yelling. What do do...sigh....

No comments: