Sunday, October 5, 2008

Good weekend



Patsy at Cameron.




Me at Cameron.

I had a really good weekend. I left Friday evening about 6:45 PM and arrived about 9 PM or a bit after. Anna and Monika were there. Anna gave me a big ol' hug...and they said she had been anxious for me to get there. Anna wanted to sleep with me, so I had a little buddy for the night.
Saturday morning, once we were all up, dressed, etc. Patsy and I took off to the antique fair in Cameron. It was a perfect day for it. Bright and sunny....a little bit hot, but still pleasant. We browsed and browsed through table after table and tent after tent of antiques and collectibles. There was a choice of food venders at various places. We chose a place run by some church. Both of us had a barbecue plate that included a generous portion of chopped pork barbecue, slaw, baked beans and hush puppies. It was Southern all the way...and delicious!! After eating, we walked and browsed all the way down one side of the street running through the middle of the town. Patsy's back started hurting really badly, so we worked our way towards this one store that has a large porch with several chairs available for customers to sit and rest. She had a seat there for a while and began to feel a bit better. So we mozied over to a quick stop where she purchased some Ibuprofen. After she took a dose of that, she was soon feeling even better, so we headed up the other side of the street. Patsy bought a really pretty sterling silver and peridot bracelet, a ring, and a soy candle. My purchases included a bargain....a Jewel Tea pitcher for $12.00...they usually are in the $50.00 range! I also bought an old stoneware bowl...brown with some off-white flowers, and an old watch with a silver and onyx band. We both agreed we were about worn out and were ready to head back to her house. When we arrived back there, we found that Monika had bought a pizza from Brooklyn Pizza, so that's what we had for supper. So good!!


My bargain!!




Brown bowl.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a WONDERFUL time, even with the aching back. I also got a nice ceramic type container to hold my coffee grounds.

Next time we go, we are going to start on the opposite side of the street or at the lower end and go up hill then the down hill part will be easier.

Cameron has about 12 permanent antique stores, but on the first Saturday of May and the first Saturday of October there are about 200-250 vendors that come to the small town to set up.

Ellen forgot to mention that for dessert on Saturday we both had homemade peach ice cream. YUM!

We had a super time, as we always do when we get together. Pat

applesofgold said...

Ellen, thanks for posting that beautiful poem on my pic blog. I had never heard it before. I think I am going to print it up, scrapbook around the edges, frame it and hang it on their wall. I certainly hope that I can help my children discover just how precious it is to have each other.

Kathy said...

That's a lovely jug! What a great find. Congratulations.

Anna said...

You guys are just way too cute. I want to just say that I love hearing about you both having such fun together!