Thursday, October 9, 2008

Just bloggin' a note

I emailed a friend yesterday about how much I like the fall season. Well, I really do...it's my favorite season. But today is blah. It is overcast, damp an dreary.

I awakened when Dave got up this AM at 5, I had a headache. I shoulda gotten up and taken something right then, but didn't....just didn't want to get up. So when my alarm went off, I still had the headache. I did take something for it then; but also by then, I felt a little woozy and nauseated when I arose. So I called to the office and told them that I wouldn't be there today unless I started feeling better. I laid back down for a while to let the medicine "take hold." When I arose later, the headache, though not entirely gone, was better. I put some coffee on to brew. A thread on the Mitford BB about oatmeal made me want some oatmeal. So....I mixed half Quaker Quick Oats and half oat bran for a change, and put a big squirt of Smart Squeeze and 3 packs of Splenda in it. It was really creamy and satisfying. Of course, it would've been better with real butter and real sugar...but it was still good.

Mason wants some wet food...make me ill, because he will only lick out all the gravy and not eat the meat. Weird cat!! I have to feed it to him in the bathroom so the dog won't chase him away from it and eat it all himself. So, I think I will go get Mason some food and let him eat in the bathroom while I take a shower. Then Claw can have whatever Mason leaves after his gravy-licking.

Then maybe I will even feel like heading off to work.

1 comment:

Anna said...

You guys are all making me want to cook oatmeal tomorrow morning! Yum!